Monday, July 9, 2012

What a week!

Wow, I'm not even sure where to begin! Last week was full of family, friends, and even a few surprises. Because the 4th of July was on a Wednesday, we took the whole week off at our office to celebrate. Of course, this meant we had to put together two of our weekly newspapers in one week, which equaled a lot of stress and craziness at our office. After lots of long nights and to-go lunches eaten at our desks mixed in with a few tears and even some delirious fits of laughter, we did it! So after finishing up, I headed home to Grenada to spend some quality time with the family. I spent lots of time reading, catching up with my family, and hanging out at the pool.


Friday, I packed up my stuff and headed to Oxford for Lelia Burkhalter and Hunter Ferguson's wedding weekend. It was perfect, and I got to see all my friends who I miss terribly.


Frannie, Julie, me and Lauran waiting to walk down the aisle
Me with the beautiful bride
Lelia's wedding was beautiful! Everything from the flowers to the food at the reception was so well thought out. This was my sixth wedding to be in, and I can say from experience it's the little details that make weddings so special. I loved how Lelia had her mother and Hunter's mother both wear blue to be part of her "something blue." Such a cute idea!


I have more pictures from the wedding, but sadly they are on Jacqueline's camera on a cruise with her and her husband Jim. Hopefully she'll send me them when she returns and I can post them.


Other things I loved from the wedding:
The all white flower arrangements
Hunter's grooms cake, which was a replica of Vaught Hemingway Stadium (Hotty Toddy!)
The way Hunter couldn't stop smiling when Lelia walked down the aisle
All the gorgeous candles on the alter
The way the light bounced beautifully from the stained glass windows of Paris Yates Chapel
Getting my make-up done at Amy Head with Lauran and Frannie (Thanks Sara!!)
Playing paparazzi with Jac's camera :)


Sunday morning I had another surprise. Frannie called me at 9:15 (can you believe I was awake?) to tell me Michael had popped the question! We all headed over to her parents' condo for a celebratory brunch. The ring is absolutely gorgeous, and I'm so happy Michael proposed while we were all in town so we could celebrate together. Congrats to the happy couple, and I can't wait for June 22, 2013! Let the planning begin!


 Celebrating at brunch!

 Me and Fran!
 Bling, bling
Each time one of our friends gets engaged, Frannie's mom, Mrs. Jane, gives them a white bag with their new initials monogrammed on it. It's such a great tradition, and Frannie finally got her's. Mrs. Jane even filled it with bridal magazines!


After the crazy week, I headed back to the flatlands of Cleveland to try to return to normalcy. I had a great time, but I was glad to get back into my routine. And seeing the Delta sunset, falling behind a field of corn was the perfect way to welcome me home.





No comments:

Post a Comment