Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Inspired by Starry Night

I have a confession. I have a slight obsession with Vincent Van Gogh. Yes, I know his life was uber tragic, but his work has always inspired me. My visit to Europe two summers ago to spend time with Margaret ending up feeling a lot more like a Van Gogh pilgrimage. While in Amsterdam, we visited the Van Gogh museum. Then when I was in Paris, I drug my sweet friend E'Lane to the Musee d'Orsay to see even more of Van Gogh's works at the Impressionist Exhibit. Ironically, I've seen almost all of his works, except my favorite: Starry Night.



Luckily I did manage to snag some sweet coasters with Van Gogh prints on them. While surfing the web procrastinating at work today, I stumbled across some other Van Gogh inspired items. Talk about functional art! I guess these will have to do until I can finally see the real thing.

Stay artsy and dry at the same time


How awesome is this cake!


Starry Night inspired Toms... too cool

Trinket box... perfect for keeping jewelry safe and doubles as eye candy for your dresser.

Art is meant to be experienced, and I love the idea that you can experience your favorite art with you on a daily basis (with the exception of the cake of course!). Just another way to make everyday life a little more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment